Definition of Terms: Cookies
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your phones, laptop, or any device you use when you visit thenerdify.com. By downloading these files, we are able to track data about your use of our website, apps, and other utilities. By using cookies, we are able to remember visitors when they return to our website multiple times. Let’s learn about the cookies we use:
- First-Party Cookies: the cookies we set are first-party cookies. We use them for information retention when you exit our website. These cookies retain your information such as your log-in details.
- Third-Party Cookies: they are downloaded and installed by other entities. thenerdify.com does not control these.
- Session Cookies: they contain about current browsing session on our site. These cookies are deleted once you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: these cookies remain installed even after you exit our website. For instance, thenerdify.com can remember your preferences.
Definition of Terms: Identification Technologies
- Pixel Tags/Pixels/Beacons - these are small files that are designed to work with cookies. These are used to recognize returning users. They can identify the user’s device type, IP address, and many more. They also collect anonymous data on their on-site behavior.
- Local Storage - where information from browsers, third parties, and websites is stored.
- Software Development Kits (SDKs) - they operate in a mobile application and function like cookies and pixels. The partners of developers can acquire various information from their users through SDKs.
Please note that rejecting or removing cookies from your browser may not affect third-party flash cookies that we may possibly employ for our services. Refer to the links below for more information:
Cookies: Types and Purposes
We would like to present you a table of the cookies and our reasons for their usage:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves (for example)|
|Localization||It means that our users will see a “localized” version of our website. What do we mean? For example, it means that we can set the language of our website to your native tongue if the cookie containing your information detected your location|
|Website features and Services||We deliver our goods and services through this cookie. That’s also one of the reasons why the website appears to “remember” you when you log into your account. It also provides you with customized content and experiences, social plugins, and suggestions.|
|Analytics and research||It functions to help improve the services and products we deliver to you. Like any other website, we can analyze how you use and interact with our website. Simply put, this is to study your online behavior and experience in thenerdify.com.|
|Advertising||We show you relevant ads that may pique your interest once you visit thenerdify.com website. Our partners may also show you ads from other websites. This originates from the cookies thenerdify.com and our partners collected. The cookie also functions to study the effectivity of our marketing campaigns/strategies and track our performance. Want to learn more about behavior-tracking ads or opt out from them? Feel free to consult www.aboutads.info/choices if you live in the United States. Alternatively, if you live outside of the said country, you can refer to http://youronlinechoices.eu/.|
The aforementioned paragraphs detail our use of these technologies. Specifically, we detail how and why we use them. It is our hope that this document will provide sufficient information. However, we invite anyone with further questions to contact us at email@example.com.